maandag 2 augustus 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Boy' van Ra Ra Riot

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track of the week: ‘Boy’ by Ra Ra Riot (listen here)
Average grade: 5.4

Danielle: Oh Ra Ra Riot, how I love you. This song doesn't immediately grab my attention the way much of "The Rhumb Line" does. However there are some great details (like the bass line) that won me over after multiple listens. It definitely won't stand out as one of their greatest tracks, but it sure is pretty.
6.7/10

Linda: Bo Bo Boring.
3.6/10

Anna: Not bad. Satisfying amalgam of fast-paced popness and sweet string instruments. Did it, however, make any ground-breaking, life-altering, or even awe-inducing impression on me? Let's not go there.
6/10

Craig: This is a pretty fair pop song. I enjoy the use of violins--it gives the sound an emotional aspect that would be lacking without them. Sentimentality is not my favorite when set over a dancey beat, so I can't say I'd listen to this regularly, but I can respect the song. Again, nothing new, so I'm giving my rating based on background music.
5/10

Ilse: If words had soundtracks, this would be the one describing the word: 'mwah'.
5.0/10

Stef: I like the mood it sets, Ra Ra Riot is king in making sound effortlessly cheery, even when singing about death, dead, and dying. Thing is, the guitar in this, it kind of plays at half the speed of the rest of the song, so every time that comes to the fore the song just screeches to a halt. It’s like as if you are in a car with a really untalented driver on a straight road. When the car actually drives it is effortless, but then sometimes he goes a-herking and a-jerking.
6/10

Geen opmerkingen: