maandag 9 augustus 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'The End of the World is Bigger Than Love' by Jens Lekman

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘The End of the World is Bigger Than Love’ by Jens Lekman (listen here)
Average grade: 4.8


Linda: I really like Jens Lekman, but this particular song is just a bit too happy-go-lucky for me, especially with the whole Elvis Presley 'Can't Help Falling in Love'-like chorus. It does however have a flute in it near the end. That's worth at least one bonus point.
7.1/10

Craig: Ugh! What the hell kind of wussy crap is this? Makes me want to blast The Locust until my ears bleed & my neighbors call the police.
0.1/10

Danielle: I've always felt conflicted about Jens Lekman. His lyrics are poetry. They're real, they're interesting, and they're unique. The problem is, I can't stand listening to him. His melodies are boring and his vocals are weak and a bit whiny. I want to like him, I just can't. "The End of the World is Bigger Than Love" is no exception. The concept is interesting and true; Who doesn't need to be reminded sometimes that love and broken hearts are not the most important things? But beyond that, I'm just not interested.
3.3/10

Anna: Melody? Ya. Vocal harmonies? Ya. Velvety voice? Ya. Cheesy lyrics? YA. In fact, they're cheesy enough to make me cringe my way into a catatonic state of mind, and I assure you that my cheese threshold is pretty solid.
6/10

Ilse: I imagine this song being the soundtrack to a scene in a very soppy romantic movie: the 2 lovers have fallen out and are, separately (this is where they use a split-screen technique) both gazing into the dark night (preferably on some balcony), and obviously thinking about each other. Anyway, I’m sure that under other circumstances I’d try harder liking it, but after just having spend a tiring, getting-shitfaced weekend in Amsterdam (trying to avoid the gay pride was quite hard, especially when you get bottles thrown at your face), I’m just not up for this gooeyness...
5.0/10

Stef: Sun. Grass. This tune on. Dreams. I do find that a wonderful prospect actually. Yeah. *returns to typing his reports*
7/10

Geen opmerkingen: