zondag 17 oktober 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Climbing Walls' by Strange Talk

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Climbing Walls’ by Strange Talk (listen here)
Average grade: 6.5

Anna: I did not want to like this slice of synth pop because of its extreme resemblance to the other Australian bands of the same school - I got my lady pants on today, so I won't name names. However... it's hard not to tap a finger, a toe, or an eyelash to it. I can picture it pulsating through club speakers and getting oceans of crowds all hot and bothered (OK, that was an exaggerated exaggeration).
6/10

Craig: Disco's not a bad thing, necessarily. I can't really differentiate this from all the other bands with this sound, but I'd very much rather hit the dance floor to this track than all the other pop garbage that's getting play now.
6/10

Ilse: Another one of those track that define words such as 'nice', 'not bad' and 'fun': the rather vague words in the English language that have no clear meaning or specificity.
5.8/10

Linda: What a Whitest Boy Alive-esque intro! That's something to get excited about! And the rest of the song doesn't let me down either. Kudos for the excellent use of both handclaps and 'oohs'.
7.8/10

Stef: This sounds very Phoenix-esque to me. I’m not the biggest fan of Phoenix (I mean, there are some HUGE fans out there, and I’m not in the upper echelon by quite a stretch), but they do make some catchy music. That’s just what this is as well, a slice of catchy music I’ll happily listen to whenever I want something cheery.
7/10

Geen opmerkingen: