zondag 31 oktober 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Get Some' by Lykke Li

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Get Some’ by Lykke Li (listen here)
Average grade: 7.6

Anna: This is the first Lykke Li song that didn't send me scraping my nails on a blackboard in search of payback. That'd be because this is the first song I've heard in which she doesn't sing like an eight-year-old girl (CRINGE). The rhythm is thumping like blood through your veins and the whole tune has an irresistible tribal feel to it. Very good news, indeed, spoiled only by lyrics such as "I'm your prostitute, you gonna get some", which reach extreme levels of moroironic.
7.5/10

Ilse: To me this sounds a lot more layered and energetic than I recall Lykke Li's work to be, because I remember that every time I came to the end of listening her album I wanted to smack her in the face because her voice reminded me of Björk (and I can't stand Björk really). So this new track sounds way more triby and jungle-like, though I'm certain these are not exactly the most political correct terms for description. No idea how I'd feel about this one in the long run, but for now the whole rain dance anthem going on is better than sounding like Björk.
7.0/10

Linda:
Ow, it rips off some much other stuff ('Walk Like an Egyptian' for one, and who doesn't like that track?), but I really really like it! How do all these Swedes do it?
8.3/10

Craig:
The deep drums and synths with echoic guitar flourishes remind me a bit of Bauhaus, only I can actually see myself dancing to this instead of just standing around & moping. The beat, reminiscent of a 60's pop song, is dirty and feel-good all at once just like the lyrics. I've already played this song way too many times to give this anything less than a 7, so...
8/10

Stef: I really like how deep those drums are, that just adds some substance to it all. Substance perhaps lacking in some of the lines I’m catching, but let’s not get nitpicky here, right?
7/10

Geen opmerkingen: