dinsdag 23 maart 2010

Crazy Zany Radio Sunday - 'Collector' by Here We Go Magic

Every week our contributors will voice their opinion concerning one song, it’s a simple as that! The more the merrier, so people are always welcome to join in, just leave a note, eh.

Track: ‘Collector’ by Here We Go Magic (listen here)
Average grade: 5.1

Anna: If there was an dictionary entry about ''disposable indie pop'', this song would definitely be under it. But not on top, mind, not the best of the worst. The dictionary though would would be a cyber 4-D imax kind of dictionary. If that's any consolation, whatsoever.
3/10

Jon: Musically an inspirational track, there's a hell of a lot going on, this band is very technically gifted. I wouldn't have complained if there hadn't been any vocals, not that they were bad, they just didn't add anything.
7.1/10

Craig: Kind of yelpy, articulate, borderline-giddy indie pop music. This sounds like a lot of other bands, and seems more paint-by-numbers than anything new. I guess I don't have any feelings one way or another about this one, which may even be worse than hating it.
4/10

Ilse: This track seems like a slightly more electronic (and even more energetic) version of any average song on the latest Phoenix album and I can’t say it’s a bad thing. In fact, I can’t listen to this without bopping my head and moving my feet, it would definitely get me on the dancefloor shaking my shoulders and waving my arms about like a drunk moron, and it should have this effect on everyone in the room.
8/10

Danielle: It starts out okay, but it seems to unravel midway through, and not in a good way. I don't appreciate the weird whispering/backup singing either. Overall, it just fails at holding my attention.
3.5/10

Linda: Some people may find the craft of skilfully copying and pasting a prestigious art form; I'm not one of them. You can cut at least 3 minutes from this song without anyone even realising it' was ever there in the first place. And does anyone else feel the urge to sing the 'doo doo doo' part from Johnny Foreigner's 'Salt, Peppa and Spindarella' over the chorus?
3.6/10

Stef: It’s a nice, catchy, joyful sounding tune. A bit folky, which generally isn’t my style, and the vocals aren’t all that jazz, but it is happy, cheery, exuberant sounding, and it’s spring folks, it is spring.
6.5/10

Geen opmerkingen: